“Every dog owner should be made to do this course!”
“This is so much better than re-introducing a pointless dog license.”
“I’ve been able to apply what I’ve learned in the real world.”
Dog ownership is on the increase and raised sharply during lockdown. There have never been more dog owners in the UK than there are right now, and it is more important now more than ever, for the average dog owner to take responsibility and really learn about dogs. Understanding the importance and significance of such basic things as socialization, canine body language, and your role as a dog owner, is vital if you want to avoid problems later on, and being able to address issues yourself could save hundreds if not thousands in dog behaviourist and vet fees.
Things have changed a lot in the past decade, and what you perhaps thought you knew about dogs, could be completely wrong these days! We’ll guide you through it. It’s simple. If you own a dog, this course is for you. This is the course people are saying every dog owner should be made to do. It’s super affordable, les than half the price of all our other certificate courses, and really straight forward. It’s entirely home study and self-paced.
On completion, you will:
- Have learned and understood the importance of socialization and how critical those early learning weeks are.
- Be up to date with the latest thinking and theories on vital topics – pack structure and dominance.
- Be capable of teaching your dog basic obedience and dog training, using modern methods.
- Understand what your dog is trying to tell you by being able to recognise key body language, gestures and signals of the dog.
- Understand how important your role is, and how you and your mood affects and influences dog behaviour and training.
- Have covered the most common problems and issues, and know how to avoid or resolve them, from pulling on the lead and jumping up, to resource guarding, aggression, fears and separation anxiety.
- UNIT ONE – Start your relationship with your dog the right way by being up to date with pack structure and dominance.
- UNIT TWO – Early Learning & Socialisation
- UNIT THREE – Basic obedience, commands & dog training
- UNIT FOUR – Canine communication & body language
- UNIT FIVE – The other end of the leash and how you affect and influence behaviour.
- UNIT SIX – Common Problems, issues and how to avoid or resolve them.
Be the best dog owner you can be and sign up today. Your dog will thank you for it.
Who Is This Course For?
The British College of Canine Studies has traditionally provided courses for those wanting to work with dogs, or for those who already do so. But this course is for YOU, the average dog owner. We want to play our part in increasing the education of dog owners in general, so that problem dogs, common issues, and dog bite related incidents don’t all rise along with the number of canine companions in the UK.
How Long Will It Take Me To Complete?
Just 6 units long, you have a tutor on hand via email, and a Facebook group just for BCCS students. You can take your time and have two years to complete the course, or you can fly through it and do a unit per day or week. Unlike all other courses, you receive all 6 units immediately. Complete the course and receive your Responsible Dog Ownership Certificate. Know that you have done your bit and are a responsible dog owner. You’ll also be entitled to 20% off any other BCCS course.
Susan Bennetta –
I have just finished this course and can highly recommend it to anyone who would like to enhance their relationship with their dog and gain more confidence in dealing with normal dog behaviour. It looks at new theories in pack structure and dominance, canine communication, the relationship between owner influence and dog behaviour, and common problems. It encouraged me to do extra reading and research which was fascinating although not essential as course notes provide all the information required. Although I have had dogs in the past this has really helped me deal with my new Parsons JRT puppy and indeed appreciate her more. Well worth £9.99.
Madeleine Knight –
I completed this course a couple of months ago and I must say it’s been such an eye opener. I adopted a Dutch Shepherd cross Grey Hound around a year ago, and she had some behavioural problems. As I didn’t know much about her past I thought I would struggle to deal with this problems. However, the Responsible dog Ownership course helped me to understand her behaviours and how I could be the best ally to her. Not only have I learned about how and why she reacts the way she does, but also that theories are changing and developing, challenging a lot of things I thought I knew about dogs, their social structure and behaviour. I now also have some books for extra reading (although not essential to complete the course!). Definitely worth it and I would recommend for any/every dog owner, whether you’re adopting your first pup or you’ve had dogs for years.