This Ofqual iPET Network course is courtesy of our partners at Pet Training Courses, and is not a BCCS course. We offer it as a third party provider and you will deal directly with PTC upon purchase.
The iPET Network Level 3 Certificate in Dog Day Care and Boarding has been developed to equip its Candidates with the knowledge required to work effectively within a dog day care, boarding kennel or home boarding business. The qualification content has been carefully curated to ensure it addresses the licensing requirements for day care and boarding (kennel and home) in the United Kingdom and guides Candidates towards understanding achievement of 4 and 5-star ratings for their businesses (in England). This qualification is aimed at Candidates who are either already working in the day care and boarding industry and require a Level 3 regulated qualification, or those who are wishing to work within this industry.
Candidates wishing to study this qualification do not require any previous experience within the day care or boarding industry and as the qualification is 100% theory based, there is no requirement for work experience or practical activity.
This qualification has undergone development in collaboration with a range of industry experts including those working within 5-star day care and boarding facilities, to ensure the content meets the needs of the industry, licensing requirements and places canine welfare at the fore.
This qualification has been designed to enable Candidates to:
- Recognise the requirements for licensing of dog day care, commercial boarding and home boarding establishments in the UK.
- Understand procedural and operational requirements of a compliant dog day care and/or boarding facilities.
- Understand responsibilities of staff for ensuring and maintaining the welfare of dogs under their care.
- Recognise canine communication and behaviour and understand how to safely handle dogs and manage behaviour in the day care/boarding setting.
- Describe methods of maintaining biosecurity in the day care and boarding environment including contagious disease outbreak prevention.
The iPET Network Level 3 Certificate in Dog Day Care and Boarding consists of four mandatory theory units:
Unit 370: Operational Requirements of a Dog Day Care and Boarding Facility (4
Unit 371: Canine Health and Welfare (4 credits)
Unit 372: Canine Behaviour and Handling for Day Care and Boarding (4 credits)
Unit 373: Health, Safety and Biosecurity in Canine Environments (4 credits)
There are no reviews yet.