Fun Dog Agility Class Instructor Course
Dog agility is a popular and fun sport in which a handler directs a dog through a series of obstacles as accurately as possible in a race against the clock. Dogs run off lead, being guided only by the voice commands and body signals of their handler. This requires training and great co-ordination between handler and dog.
Dog Agility has many benefits. Some of these include:
- Burning off energy and reducing boredom, which will lead to a reduction in destructive behaviours around the home and even address some forms of aggression
- An increase in self esteem for nervous and anxious dogs
- An improved bond between you and your dog which will lead to a better all round relationship
- Better health and fitness for both you and your dog
- Much needed exercise which is a basic need of EVERY dog
- Fun for both you and your dog
- Plus, increased fitness, flexibility and stamina for owners.
- What better way to get in shape?!
Dog agility coaching has become one of the most popular activities for dog owners. With many groups boasting waiting lists of up to six months to join, there is certainly a demand for classes.
One of the best things about becoming a fun agility trainer is that you can fit your classes around other commitments, and choose exactly how many you wish to run.
Dog agility coaching is performed at both a fun level, and also at serious competition level. The aim of this online fun dog agility course is to equip you, the student, with the knowledge and understanding required to set up and run your own potentially very profitable fun dog agility classes. Many units include practical challenges so you can really get to grips with the obstacles. Previous and current students have found this incredibly beneficial, both for understanding what it takes to teach dog agility, and for improving their relationship and bond with their own dog. The knowledge gained in this course will equip you to then progress to further studies to participate or teach at competition level if you so wish.
We are, at present, the only college in the UK offering such a course in Fun Dog Agility.
- UNIT ONE – Introduction to Agility
- UNIT TWO – Essential Health and Nutrition for Agility Dogs
- UNIT THREE – Teaching the Basics
- UNIT FOUR – Using a Clicker
- UNIT FIVE – The Go-Throughs – with practical challenge
- UNIT SIX – The Go-Ups – with practical challenge
- UNIT SEVEN – The Jumps – with practical challenge
- UNIT EIGHT – The Pause – with practical challenge
- UNIT NINE – The Poles – with practical challenge
- UNIT TEN – Sequencing and Completing a Course
- UNIT ELEVEN – Running a Class
- UNIT TWELVE – Laws, Insurance, Waivers and the Essentials of Running Your Business
Who Is This Fun Dog Agility Coaching Course For?
This online dog agility course is for anyone wishing to set up and run their own fun dog agility classes within their local community. It is not just a course teaching you how to run the obstacles yourself. The aim of the course is to teach students how to actually coach dog agility classes, and includes information about setting up and running a business.
Please note that due to the practical elements of this online dog agility course, you will need to be a dog owner or know someone with a dog you can borrow!
How Long Will It Take Me To Complete This Dog Agility Coaching Course?
This really depends upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies, as well as how easily and quickly you grasp the learning concepts. We recommend that students fully digest and understand the agility course content before submitting their question paper. We encourage students to do their own additional reading and research to reinforce what they have learned. Each unit comes with a question paper which should be completed and returned to the college by email. You should allow between one and two hours to complete each paper.
This dog agility course does involve some practical challenges which you can complete in your own time at home.
There is a two year time period in which you can complete this dog agility course.
This online dog agility course is open to anyone with an interest in learning about how to run fun dog agility classes. You do not need any previous canine experience to enrol, and you do not need to be a member of any organisations, clubs or governing bodies.