Complete Canine Care Diploma
*Now updated to include AAL legislation October 2018*
Do you currently, or do you want to, care for other people’s dogs, perhaps as a walker, sitter, day care provider, groomer, kennel assistant or rescue dog handler? This is the course for you.
The BCCS Complete Canine Care Diploma course offers a comprehensive study of all areas of working with and caring for dogs, including understanding canine communication and reading body language to avoid unpredictable behaviours, introducing dogs to each other and the basics of training and dog psychology.
This online dog care course covers early days with mum through to differences in breed, how to meet dogs properly, basic health and nutrition, the importance of exercise and solutions to common issues. This dog care course aims to equip anyone working with and caring for dogs on a regular basis with all of the information they’ll need to get it right from day one. Whatever your role within the dog care industry, this Complete Canine Care qualification will enhance your understanding and assure your customers that their dogs are in good, knowledgeable hands.
On completion, the student will:
- Understand the various stages of canine development
- Understand the workings of the dog’s mind and how they learn
- Have a basic understanding of canine health and nutrition, including the importance of good quality foods
- Understand breed differences and the importance of matching the right dog with the right owner
- Know how to make introductions betweens dogs, and to humans, including young children and babies
- Understand the importance of exercise, and how much a dog needs in order to avoid certain unwanted behaviours
- Know the basics of dog training
- Have a good understanding of dog behaviour
- Be able to identify communications and body language which make sense of otherwise ‘unpredictable’ actions
- Understand their role, as the human, including the importance of boundaries, discipline and leadership
- UNIT ONE – Early Days With Mum
- UNIT TWO – Canine Mind and Senses
- UNIT THREE – Pairing Dogs and Owners
- UNIT FOUR – Breed and Behaviour
- UNIT FIVE – Getting Introductions Right
- UNIT SIX – The Importance of Socialisation
- UNIT SEVEN – The Importance of Boundaries and Rules
- UNIT EIGHT – Health, Grooming & Nutrition
- UNIT NINE – Why Dogs Need Exercise
- UNIT TEN – Communication and Reading Body Language
- UNIT ELEVEN – Basic Training
- UNIT TWELVE – Common Problems and Issues
- UNIT THIRTEEN – Understanding Aggression
- UNIT FOURTEEN – The Influence of Human Personality
Who Is This Online Canine Care Diploma For?
This Canine Care course is for anyone who currently works, or wishes to work, with dogs in a caring capacity such as walkers, sitters, day care providers, etc. This qualification will enable them to offer a more comprehensive service to their customers and give them an advantage over their unqualified competitors.
How Long Will It Take Me To Complete The Canine Care Diploma?
This really depends upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies, as well as how easily and quickly you grasp the learning concepts. We recommend that students fully digest and understand the course content before submitting their question paper. We encourage students to do their own additional reading and research to reinforce what they have learned. Each unit comes with a question paper which should be completed and returned to the college by email. You should allow between one and two hours to complete each paper.
The approximate length of time required to complete this online canine care diploma course is 300 hours.
There is a two year time period within which you can complete this online dog care course.
GCSE level education or equivalent, and a good standard of English language. This course is open to anyone with an interest in increasing their knowledge and understanding of caring for dogs. You do not need any previous canine experience to enrol, and you do not need to be a member of any organisations, clubs or governing bodies.
Upon completion, you may use the letters BCCSDip.CanCare after your name.
How Do I Enrol On The Complete Canine Care Diploma Course?
You can enrol on the Complete Canine Care course in two ways: by payment in full or via instalments. For more on instalment payments, click here.
If you are from an organisation and wish to enrol a member of staff, please contact us for our BACS details.
By enrolling on this course through the website, you agree to our Terms Of Enrolment